We are not blessed with naturally perfect lips, but that should not be why we give up. Lips are a very important part of our face, and beautifying them without surgery can be a lifesaving technique. If that is what you want, then a commonly practiced treatment named Lip Augmentation is for you.
What exactly is Lip Augmentation?
Lip Augmentation is a mildly invasive procedure in which your lips are shaped by filling them with injectable dermal filler resulting in an increased definition and enhanced volume of lips.
How does Lip Augmentation work?
The steps of a general Lip Augmentation procedure are as follows:
- Non-surgical lip augmentation works by injecting dermal filler into your lips.
- The lip fillers used in the procedure generally contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid.
- This treatment lasts for about six months.
- After that, the specialists can manoeuvre your lips again to keep their new shape and beauty intact.
Who is it suitable for?
Lip augmentation fillers are most suitable for people who want to improve the:
- The volume of their lips.
Benefits of Lip Augmentation
The results of our best lip augmentation are long-lasting but not permanent.
Always opt for a reliable clinic or experienced specialist to ensure that you are comfortable during the treatment and the bruising is minimal.
No Allergic reaction
Since the lip fillers used in the treatment are natural substances found in the body’s organic composition, it is very unlikely that you will get a serious allergic reaction.
Nevertheless, if you are allergic to lidocaine, tell your specialist beforehand.
Results of Lip Augmentation
- Attractive lips
- A boost of self-confidence
- Restoration of lost volume
- Well-defined lip lines
- Voluptuous lips that improve face balance
Frequently asked questions about Lip Augmentation
1. Fillers to be used?
Well, you have two different types of fillers, mainly temporary and permanent. But if you ask me, temporary fillers are the way to go because while permanent and semi-permanent fillers are tempting, they are very stubborn to be fixed later if you do not like them.
2. 2. Can fillers be removed later?
Most of the people who got the treatment recommend temporary fillers to be used in the treatment so that if you do not like them, they can be fixed.
The specialist will use an eraser enzyme known as hyaluronidase that seamlessly breaks down the rough particles and increases the rate at which the fillers are broken down and erased properly.
3. Do I have the right dermatologist to perform this procedure for me?
The dermatologist you choose for your treatment should be a board-certified professional who should be properly trained and immensely experienced in performing this procedure.
4. Any risks attached to it?
This procedure is commonly considered a quick process, but there are some potential risks attached to it like:
- Vascular occlusion
- Tissue necrosis
6. Are my lips going to be huge right away?
Your lips are not going to be huge straight away after one session. The size gradually increases over time for the most natural results.
7. How long do lip fillers last after the treatment?
That generally depends on the body’s metabolism. Some people have their fillers lasting more months than others, but ultimately, for greater longevity of the lips, being plump depends on the body’s metabolism.
8. Any pre-care instructions?
Maybe get your selfie arm ready, but also make sure to:
- Avoid blood thinners
- Stop taking painkillers
- No alcohol usage
- Take your prevention medication for cold sores two days before the medication
9. Are the lip fillers supposed to hurt?
They don’t hurt as much. Once you get a numbing agent applied, you will feel a slight prick and then a dull kind of throbbing when the filler is injected. Your lips will be massaged a little, iced for 10 minutes, and then you will be free to go.
10. Do I have to get both lips done, or can I get just one lip injected?
Sure, you can have one or both of the lips injected. It is all up to you.
12. How rapidly you can see proper results?
Your lips will swell fairly quickly after the treatment, but you’ll eventually see the positive effects of the fillers swiftly.
13. Is there any bruising or bleeding involved in the process?
Yes, to both of them because rare cases have shown that these issues exist, and it is highly recommended that the client take a natural pain reliever either orally or topically.
14. Any Downtime involved?
There is little to no downtime involved after the process. The whole treatment will take about fifteen to twenty minutes. After thirty minutes, your numbing agent will start to wear off, and from then on, you can go about your normal routine.
15. What if I want to go to the gym afterwards?
Sorry, but going to the gym is out of the question for the next 24 hours, especially the workouts that can potentially increase the blood flow to the face
16. Will the lips feel any different after the treatment?
If the procedure goes successfully, you are not supposed to feel any different when the swelling goes down.
17. Any chance of bumps or lumps on my lips?
Well, not to lie to you, but there is a high chance of bumps or lumps on your lips if your lips are small and you are getting them volumized.
18. Are lip fillers permanent?
No temporary lip fillers mean temporary, and the size of your lips will go back to its original size eventually without going into the mythical saggy deflated skin bagged state.
Well, as we said earlier, not every one of us is blessed with beautiful and perfect lips, and when there is a procedure to make them perfect for however long, we should take it. Lip Augmentation at Expert Centre is just that procedure that helps you achieve the perfect shape and size of your lips you always wanted.